Hey there Healthy Haven peeps:) I've got something SO special for you! Ive been traveling like crazy! In the past two weeks I've been in San Diego, LA, Napa Valley, Berkley and Mexico! WOSA! Being that I'm from Ohio, I'm a bit of a homebody. My boyfriend however really knows how to travel and does so with ease. I on the other hand pack the entire kitchen and seem to think I need 13 different black dresses for each trip:)
Although he hasn't laughed at me to my face yet, my sweet William has made subtle suggestions to make my (our) travel time less stressful!
1) Pack enough food to make one healthy dinner and one healthy breakfast! The truth is you never know when you will get stuck in an airport or not have access to organic food. I once got stuck in Hawaii of all places and they are 150% sure to not allow so much as a cashew onto the flight when leaving! So far this is the only time I have ever had to toss some organic bananas. I like to pack the following!
Dried fruit such as dates, a few bananas, a bag of spinach, a lemon, an avocado, the wraps you will see in the video below and a juice (tell them you have a special diet, they will wave a word over it and let you board). Yep, in 11 years Ive not one time had to toss the juice my friends!
2) Opt out! Don't even get me started on this one! If you think that "microwave you're walking through is not radiating the crap out of you, think again! Ive always opted out and yes, so should you!
3) Take advantage of the hotel sauna and steam room! How could you think of skipping out on this? I am blessed to have an infrared sauna at home. That being said the first thing I ask when arriving at a hotel is "where is the sauna"? You paid good money for your room, use the facilities to your full advantage!
4) Use Youtube exercise videos to workout every morning in your hotel room! Oh boy how I love this tip I'm sharing with you! I actually have three videos that I love! They don't take up much time and are very easy! Check out "Walk away the pounds"! Just fifteen minutes and you're done! YAY!
5) Book hotels that use only hypo allergenic bedding and non toxic cleaning supplies! Another reason I LOVE to travel with the "man~pan~ion" is because he always picks the most unique and amazing hotels! It truly is the main reason he can peel me away from my kitchen! One thing most hotels have in common is the fact that they will bring you foam pillows instead of feather pillows. Make this request when booking the room! Also ask them if they would please use a green cleaner in your room the day of your arrival. For just fifteen dollars more, many will abridge!
6) Take Vitamin C and magnesium in your carry on bag or purse! A must! When you travel by air you will most likely get anything and everything that is floating around on that plane! Look at it as you breathing in and exchanging everyones breath! Trust me when I tell you that vitamin C will wipe out any chance of you getting ill! The magnesium will relax you! WARNING: I'm not a fan of "EmergenC packs" take a closer look at the label:)
7) Sleep whenever possible especially on the plane or in the car! There really is no better happy pill, beauty pill or health pill than sleep! Get all the sleep you can get! Heck~look at sleep as you collecting organic fruit or diamonds! They are both worth their weight in gold!