What really gets on my nerves and quite frankly pisses me off!
As many of you know I have studied detoxification, reflexology in Lymphatic drainage, strategic body movement, yoga, living raw foods, juicing, natural hygiene, anti aging through herbs, colon cleansing and cellular cleansing for over a decade now! I actually began my journey at the age of 17 when I did my first juice cleanse. I always had in the back of my mind during my years as a fitness model that this was the path I was meant to take.
After I was led to this path I went through YEARS of healing myself! YEARS! Then began the education! CAHA academy of Holistic arts for reflexology and Reiki! Training under Arial Hubbard! Meeting Gil Jacobs in NYC and allowing him to lead me along my path through his guidance once I returned to Ohio! Training at Optimal Health Institute gaining a certification! Working with a shaman for two years who took me under his wing! That was just the beginning! Heck I just got my yoga certification two weeks ago! I was taught by the best and I will never forget the struggle of suffering I went through with a deadly eating disorder that brought me here today!
This is why when I see someone who was emailed me countless times asking for health advice, using my valuable information and promoting a "Digital detox" program exactly like mine I get a little be heaved. What mortified me even more is when I see this same individual lying about their education and offering help in serious diseases such as Lymes~disease when they are not qualified!
There's a beautiful quote that I'm about to repeat to you it says Be yourself, everyone else is taken"!
I think what's even more fitting for this type of behavior is to say BE CAREFUL OF WHO YOU HIRE AS A HEALTH COACH! If someone is claiming to be a "detoxification expert", chances are, they're not!
Here are my top five WARNING SIGNS to look out for when hiring someone!
1) Do they have a proven track record of clients that you can speak to for reference? No, this should not include their mother or brother in law! A person should be able to give you a minimum of ten people to Skype or chat with over the phone that they have helped.
2) Do they have a history of working in the detoxification, raw living foods or health movement? Look, everyone needs to start somewhere but if someone was working in a completely different industry just one year ago, do you really want to put your faith in hiring them today?
3) Do they have a history of helping others with your particular ailment? This could be anything from an auto immune disease to cancer. I'm seeing a lot of people speaking falsehoods in Facebook posts etc! This is just sickening to me to think that precious people like you could end up in the wrong hands!
4) Are they still reaching out for advice from other health practitioners with their own issues? Everyone needs a holistic health guide for themselves HOWEVER, there is a fine line between hitting someone up with a serious ailment and hitting a person up for basic health advice! If they are a "holistic health practitioner, they should have the basics down!
A perfect example of this is a young lady who has reached out to me for help several times during the past year and a half! SHOCKINGLY after she reached out to me again the other day, I click to view her Facebook page and she had several schools listed as her education that she had never attended! As if that were not deceiving enough, she just built an entire website claiming to be a detoxification expert! Oddly enough naming her "detox program" the same name I call mine!
5) Have they written their books and programs? Or, have they had their books written for them off someone else's work?
I've seen some amazing people pop up in the Health movement that had a health scare or what I like to call the "health opportunity", who have healed themselves and then going on to be health practitioners themselves. They write absolutely beautiful books and create beautiful programs!
I've also seen people pop up in the Health movement that steal information from others promoting it as their own, pay people to write expensive sales copy and promote programs that they don't even understand!
Be warned and be cautious my friends! Whether you hire me or one of the amazing 20 certified practitioners in various areas of help that I can steer you towards, know that there is a HUGE difference between someone who is naturally drawn to this awareness movement and someone who is idolizing someone in it!
Be well and be aware!
Want to see a video about this type of corrupt behavior? Watch my video below!
If you are reading this and know someone that can potentially benefit from this, please SHARE this! They will be thankful and so will I!:)
Andrea Leigh Cox is a fitness model turned health coach who has written two books on the raw vegan healthy detoxing lifestyle! Known as "The Detox Queen" She has taken the media by storm & has an impressive social media following with her YouTube channel surpassing 2 million views & her personal Facebook page alone having 20,000 people!
Andrea has appeared on numerous news stations TV shows and magazine publications in her hometown of Dayton Ohio and now where she lives in San Diego! She has also had national media coverage! Her retreats have become a destination health vacation for several Hollywood celebrities!
Andrea's online detox programs may be found at www.thehealthyhaven.net
Andrea's retreats can be found at www.alkalizewithandrea.com