Hi Beautiful Health Warrior
Lately I’ve been getting a ton of questions from you guys about kale chips and coconut chips! They are snacks that are highly available on the market today with a hefty little price tag! I’m answering your questions below
1) Are they healthy? Well kale chips and coconut chips are healthy however the store bought brands are often laden with both sodium & fat!
2) Do I make my own? I do! They are pictured below and I guarantee you they are 100 times better tasting than any you can get in the store! I tend to make these on my “Food prep Sundays”! I’m shooting a video series on "Food Prep Sundays" right now!
Andrea's SUPER CHEESY kale chips!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to every 1/2 head of kale
- 3 heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt
- (optional) 1TB of sweet miso Directions:
- I actually pre heat my dehydrator to about 118 degrese
- Some people remove the stems. If you choose to, you can save the stems for your morning juice. I leave my stems on however. Wash and spin the kale until thoroughly dry.
- Add kale leaves into a large bowl. Massage in the coconut oil and sweet miso until all the nooks and crannies are coated. Now sprinkle on the spices/seasonings and toss to combine.
- Spread out the kale onto the prepared dehydrating sheet. Be sure not to overcrowd the kale. Just like men~It needs space:)
- Dehydrate for one hour, rotate the kale & then place it back into the dehydrator for 1 more hour until the kale begins to firm up. The kale will look shrunken, but this is normal.
- Cool the kale on the sheet for 3 minutes before DEVOURING! This really makes all the difference! Enjoy immediately as they lose their crispiness over time.
Feel free to make these in an oven too! Just keep the oven at about 300F and watch them closely! I bake mine in the oven for about 25 minutes total!
Andrea's MINERAL RICH coconut chips!
Guess what~I shot a video for this recipe while visiting my sisters home in Arizona! Enjoy it here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYEBfLE8PXQ
I hope all of you will begin making your own kale and coconut chips after reading this news letter/blog post! It really is the healthier more money conscious way to go!
Have a beautiful Wednesday & be well my little health warriors! Feel free to share this blog post~News letter with your social media! Let me know when you do! I just love that!
Who is Andrea Cox?
Andrea L Cox is the owner of The Healthy Haven & www.alkalizewithandrea.com (Detox, Yoga, Juice fast & Raw Food Educational Retreats!)
Andrea is a fitness model turned health coach who has written two books on the raw vegan healthy detoxing lifestyle! Known as "The Detox Queen" She has taken the media by storm & has an impressive social media following with her YouTube channel surpassing 2 million views & her personal Facebook page alone having 20,000 people!
Andrea has appeared on numerous news stations TV shows and magazine publications in her home town of Dayton Ohio and now where she lives in San Diego! She has also had national media coverage! Her retreats have become a destination health vacation for several Hollywood celebrities!
Andrea's online detox programs may be found at www.thehealthyhaven.net
Andrea's retreats can be found at www.alkalizewithandrea.com
If you’ve not checked out Andrea's Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter yet FOLLOW her below!!! She would love to see you there!
Facebook click here
YouTube click here
Instagram click here